Multiple Choice workflow steps allow technicians to answer questions by choosing from a list of pre-determined options.
- What is the condition of the unit?
- What special tools did you use today?
- What steps will you take to mitigate the hazard?
To build this type of step follow the below:
1. Go to Workflows, under the Administration tab, add a new or edit an existing workflow.
2. Select Add Step in the bottom right-hand corner.
3. Select Create from scratch*.
4. Choose Multiple Choice under Step Type.
5. Fill in the Step Question with the question you want to be answered.
6. Select Add Response.
7. Type in the first response under Title. You can add notification contacts.
8. Select Done.
9. Repeat steps 7-8 until you have all the responses you need.
10. Under Multiple Choice Usage you can select the option for the user to be able to choose more than one option. If not selected they will only be able to choose one option.
11. Finish filling out the step with any additional information and establishing requirements. Learn about these here: Getting Started: Building a workflow step from scratch.
12. Select Add Step.
13. When you are done editing your workflow altogether press Save in the bottom right-hand corner. Your workflow changes will be saved and live the next time a user selects it for a job.
Your Multiple Choice step is ready to be used for your workflow.
*Some templates are set up as Multiple Choice steps, which are created for you. Learn about workflow templates here: Getting Started: How to build a workflow step using templates