How do I create a user?
In order for anyone to access XOi (mobile and desktop) they needed to be added as users. As an admin, you can create new users.
Follow the directions below:
1. Go to the Users tab, under Administration and select + Add User.
2. Enter an Email Address (Required Field) - This will be the username used to log in to the mobile application. Each user must have a unique email address. If you add an address that already exists you will receive an error message.*
3. Enter a First Name (Required Field)- The first name of the user.
4. Enter a Last Name (Required Field)- The last name of the user.
5. Check/Uncheck Auto Generate Temporary Password checkbox: If left checked the phone number associated with this user will be sent a text message with a temporary password and username for the first login. When this user's password is reset, the phone number will be sent a text with the new password. If there is no phone number present the password will be sent to the email address associated with the account.
If you uncheck this box you will be asked to put in your temporary password. This will be sent to the phone number provided. If no phone number is provided it will be sent to the email for this account.
6. Establish the Timezone of the user.
7. Establish the Role of the user. (Required Field)
- User: This role is most commonly given to technicians. The user will have the ability to work through jobs, search through job history, and the Knowledge Base.
- Admin: This role is most commonly given to your admins. This user will have all the permissions of the User role and the ability to create/edit Users, Groups, and Workflows.
8. Set Status. (Required Field)
- Enabled: This user will have access to XOi.
- Disabled: This user will not have access to XOi but can be toggled back on when needed. If toggled on and then toggled back off the user will not receive a text message with new credentials.
9. Enter a Phone Number - This should be the phone number of the user so they can receive password information on their device.
10. Add One or More Groups - Assign this individual to a specific group(s) (i.e. Technicians) where they will receive access to the workflows assigned to that group. This is not required to be done at user creation but can be done at any point.
11. Enable Reports Dashboard: By default Admins will have access to the report dashboard, meaning only turn this on for technicians if you would like them to have access to the Reports dashboard on XOi desktop.
12. Restrict Job Visibility: When checked, the user will only see jobs from groups they are a member of in the Job Activity area.
After a user is created you can select the 'Edit' button next to their username to edit any fields except for the username, which is the unique identifier for the user and cannot be edited. If you need to edit the email address/username for a user, a new account will need to be created.
- *Note: If you have or plan to have an integration the email you put into this field must match the email listed for the user in your FSM. XOi only recognizes lowercase letters. If you have capital letters in the user's email address in your FSM, please change it to all lowercase before entering the email address into the email address field in XOi.
- Multiple users can be set up with the same phone number, but the text message with the temporary password and any reset password requests will always be sent to the phone number assigned to the user.
- If you believe you should be listed as an admin but do not have those credentials...reach out to one of your company's existing admins.
Please sign in to leave a comment.