XOi has provided a list of workflow templates for the most common workflow steps. This makes creating a workflow faster as you can select these prefilled steps to easily add to your workflow. You also can edit these templates to meet your needs.
In this article, we will cover how to build a workflow step using a template. To learn how to build a workflow step from scratch please review this article: Getting Started: Building a Workflow step from scratch
To learn how to build a workflow please review this article: Getting Started: How to build a Workflow.
Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Workflows, under the Administration tab, and add a new workflow or edit an existing workflow.
2. Select Add Step in the bottom right-hand corner.
3. Under Template select the dropdown.
4. You will be presented with a list of templates. Select the one you would like to add.
5. Select Add Step.
6. The step will be prefilled based on the template you have chosen. You can edit all information except for the Step Type. If you need to change the step type you will need to create the step from scratch.
7. Once done with any changes select Add Step.
Your step is now ready to use for your workflow.
8. When you are done editing your workflow press Save in the bottom right-hand corner. Your workflow changes will be saved and live the next time a user selects it for a job.