A workflow is a step-by-step guide that will tell you what type of information to gather and in what format for each type of job you will encounter.
Workflows are custom-built by your leadership team but in this article, we will cover the most common items you may come across in your workflow.
Before filling out a workflow you must add one to your job.
Once a workflow is added to your job you will be presented with the Workflow Screen.
Under the workflow title, you will see a Finish Workflow button.
- Gray button: You have required steps to complete. Directly underneath the gray button, you will see how many requirements are remaining.
- Blue button You have completed all required steps and may finish your workflow.
Every workflow will have a content section containing:
- View All Content: This allows you to view, delete, ad-hoc share, and tag the images and videos you added into the steps below.
- Dataplates: This area will be visible if there is a dataplate workflow step present.* You may be asked to take an image of the dataplate on your equipment. This image will be processed using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) with potential make/model/serial # being pulled from the image. Those images and the pulled information will live here.
- Workflow Tags: Add keywords\phrases that will help make this job more searchable in the future. These are viewable by the customer.
- Workflow Notes: Additional notes, viewable by the customer, to help complete the picture of what happened on the job.
Workflows are composed of steps that will ask you to provide content or answer questions.
Each step will begin with a title\question giving you direction on what information to provide. You may also see a blue Instructions button at the bottom of a step. This houses additional instructions and you should click on it.
If you would like to drop down all the additional instructions on all the steps select Show All Instructions to the right of the Step header.
Any step could have the below icons:
= Required Step. You must complete this step before you can finish your workflow.
= You have not fulfilled the requirement for this required step. What is required will be to the right of this icon. You could be asked to provide a Photo or Video, Note, Choice, Date, or Numeric.
= You have fulfilled the requirement for this step.
= This is a public-facing step. Any content placed in this step can be viewable to the customer.
The type of steps you may encounter are:
Content Only: Images, videos, and notes. There are two icons you could see on these steps:
- = You are expected to provide a dataplate in this step. XOi will use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to pull the serial/make/model from the image you provide.
- = A transcription will be created from the audio provided in the video you took.
- Yes/No: Answer Yes/No questions. If you see this icon a conditional workflow is associated with a response to this question.
- Multiple Choice: Answer questions with a pre-determined list of answers. If you see this icona conditional workflow is associated with a response to this question.
- Numeric: Provide numeric answers.
- Short Text: Provide up to 80 characters to answer the question.
- Date: Answer questions with a date.
To complete your workflow, you will need to complete all required steps.
At the top of your workflow, the Finish Workflow button will be blue. Select this button.
* If there is not a Dataplate workflow step present in your workflow the Dataplates section will not be present under Content.