Roles Admin, Job/User Editor, Job Editor, and User have permission to perform this task.
A workflow is a step-by-step guide that will tell you what type of information to gather and in what format for each type of job you will encounter.
Workflows are custom-built by your leadership team but in this article, we will cover the most common items you may come across in your workflow.
Before filling out a workflow you must add one to your job.
Once a workflow is added to your job you will be presented with the Workflow Screen.
Under the workflow title, you will see a Finish Workflow button.
- Gray button: You have required steps to complete. Directly underneath the gray button, you will see how many requirements are remaining.
- Blue button You have completed all required steps and may finish your workflow.
Every workflow will have a content section containing:
- Work Summary: A work Summary can be placed here automatically by AI or manually by yourself.
- Dataplates: This area will be visible if there is a dataplate workflow step present* It will stay grayed out until you provide an image of a dataplate in a workflow step. You may be asked to take an image of the dataplate on your equipment. This image will be processed using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) with potential make/model/serial # pulled from the image. Those images and the pulled information will live here.
- Workflow Tags: Add keywords/phrases that will help make this job more searchable in the future. These are viewable by the customer.
- Content: This allows you to view, delete, ad-hoc share, and tag the images and videos you added into the steps below.
Workflows are composed of steps that will ask you to provide content or answer questions.
Each step will begin with a title\question giving you direction on what information to provide. You may also see a blue Instructions button at the bottom of a step. This houses additional instructions and you should click on it.
If you would like to drop down all the additional instructions on all the steps select Show All Instructions to the right of the Step header.
Any step could have the below icons:
= Required Step. You must complete this step before you can finish your workflow.
= You have not fulfilled the requirement for this required step. What is required will be to the right of this icon. You could be asked to provide a Photo or Video, Note, Choice, Date, or Numeric.
= You have fulfilled the requirement for this step.
= This is a public-facing step. Any content placed in this step can be viewable to the customer.
The types of steps you may encounter are:
- Content Only: Images, videos, and notes. There are two icons you could see in these steps:
- = You are expected to provide a dataplate in this step. XOi will use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to pull the serial/make/model from the image you provide.
- = A transcription will be created from the audio provided in the video you took.
- Yes/No: Answer Yes/No questions. If you see this icon a conditional workflow is associated with a response to this question.
- Multiple Choice: Answer questions with a pre-determined list of answers. If you see this icona conditional workflow is associated with a response to this question.
- Numeric: Provide numeric answers.
- Short Text: Provide up to 80 characters to answer the question.
- Date: Answer questions with a date.
To generate these AI work summaries, you must complete all required fields in a workflow. At the bottom of the workflow, there will be an AUTO-GENERATE button. You may also access this page through the Work Summary button at the top of the workflow.
When the button is blue, you may select it to generate your summary.
Once selected, XOi will take your answers in the customer-facing workflow steps and generate a summary. This should only take a few seconds.
The summary will be presented to you giving you the option to edit and share in the top right-hand corner and Approve on the bottom, when ready.
- Editing will allow you to make any changes to the summary that are needed.
- Sharing will allow you to share via text message or email, or you may copy the entire summary to paste in other places.
- Approving will officially generate the workflow summary and place it in the Work Summary button at the top of the workflow, where you can review it.
To complete your workflow, you will need to complete all required steps.
At the top of your workflow, the Finish Workflow button will be blue. Select this button.
* If there is not a Dataplate workflow step present in your workflow the Dataplates section will not be present.
Not using AI Work Summaries? Here is how your workflow page may differ. AI Work Summaries: What changed on the Workflow page?