- Auto-Generating a Work Summary
- Manually Generating a Work Summary
- Requiring a Work Summary
- Sharing a Work Summary
- Work Summaries in XOi Web
- Additional Information
Using XOi + AI, all user roles can create a summary of work completed on-site easily.
AI Work Summaries will instantly generate a clear, comprehensive work summary using the following customer-facing information:
- Step Notes
- Yes/No responses
- Multiple Choice responses
- Numerical step responses
- Date responses
- Short text responses
Auto-Generating a Work Summary
To generate these AI work summaries, you must complete all required fields in a workflow. At the bottom of the workflow, there will be an AUTO-GENERATE button. You may also access this page through the Work Summary button at the top of the workflow.
If this button is grayed out, you have not completed the required steps (steps with gold star) and must go back up to complete. Underneath the AUTO-GENERATE button, the amount of required steps not completed will be posted.
When the button is blue, you may select it to generate your summary.
Once selected, XOi will take your answers in the customer-facing workflow steps and generate a summary. This should only take a few seconds.
The summary will be presented to you giving you the option to edit and share in the top right-hand corner and Approve on the bottom, when ready.
- Editing will allow you to make any changes to the summary that are needed.
- Sharing will allow you to share via text message or email, or you may copy the entire summary to paste in other places.
- Approving will officially generate the workflow summary and place it in the Work Summary button at the top of the workflow, where you can review it.
NOTE: There may be times when the workflow you are using does not have enough content to generate a summary. This has happened if you selected AUTO-GENERATE and are presented with the below screen.
To generate a summary, please provide additional details. You may paste text in or use text to talk in this area. When done, select AUTO-GENERATE and the summary will generate. You can also do this through the Work Summary button at the beginning of the workflow.
Manually Generating a Work Summary
If you would prefer to manually write your work summary, you may do so through the Work Summary button at the top of the workflow.
Below the AUTO-GENERATE button, there will be a Write Summary section. Select the Write My Own Summary button to begin. You will have the ability to stylize the summary with bold, italic, and bullet point features.
Press Approve when done.
Requiring a Work Summary
A work summary can be made a requirement to be completed before a workflow can be finished. This will not require an AI summary to be provided but instead requires either an AI summary or a manually written summary.
Sharing a Work Summary
A work summary can be shared by copying at the time of approval, or in the share link that is generated at the time of job completion.
You may share just the workflow or the job by clicking on the corresponding share icon. Select Just Public Content to obtain the customer-facing link.
The workflow summary will be at the top of the workflow information in the share link.
Work Summaries in XOi Web
Work Summaries are reviewable and editable on XOi Web. You may find the job by clicking on the blue title in the Job Activity area.
There will be a Work Summary section. If a work summary was already created it will be visible. If the work summary has yet to be created it will be empty. There will be a pencil icon giving you the ability to edit or add a work summary.
When a work summary is AI-Generated in mobile it will have an AI-Generated label in the top right-hand corner. The label Edited will be added when an edit is made to the Work Summary.
Note: Work summaries can not be auto-generated in XOi Web,
- To see what has changed on the workflow page with this new feature read this: AI Work Summaries: What changed on the Workflow page?
- Users will need to be on v. 1.68.0
- Workflows will need to be built with AI Summaries in mind. Please speak to your Customer Success Manager for guidance.
- If your organization has an integration configured to pull transcriptions or step notes from a specific workflow step, we will need to do some configuration updates on our end. Please have your administrator speak with their Customer Success Manager.
- If your organization has transcript approval required enabled on a step to create job summaries, the AI Work Summary will be replacing this. Without changing these settings, XOi will now require the technician to provide a work summary on that workflow instead of an edited transcription. The user can use AI Work Summary to generate the work summary or they can write their summary manually - but a work summary will be required on any workflow that previously had a step with Transcript Approval Required.