Numeric workflow steps allow technicians to easily provide numeric measurements.
- What is the outside temperature?
- What is the amount of refrigerant?
- What is the voltage reading?
To build this type of step follow the below:
1. Go to Workflows, under the Administration tab, add a new or edit an existing workflow.
2. Select Add Step in the bottom right-hand corner.
3. Select Create from scratch*.
4. Choose Numeric under Step Type.
5. Fill in the Step Question with the question you want to be answered.
6. Select the Type of measurement the technician will be recording.
7. Select the Unit of measurement. A customized list will be provided based on the type you chose in Step 6.
8. Finish filling out the step with any additional information and establishing requirements. Learn about these here: Getting Started: Building a workflow step from scratch.
9. Select Add Step.
10. When you are done editing your workflow press Save in the bottom right-hand corner. Your workflow changes will be saved and live the next time a user selects it for a job.
Your Numeric step is ready to be used for your workflow.
*Some templates are set up as Numeric steps, which are created for you. Learn about workflow templates here: Getting Started: How to build a workflow step using templates