Only Admins have permission to perform this task.
Short Text steps are used when you would like the technician to provide a short note (80 characters) without using the "Add Note" option on other step types.
- Provide a description of the issue.
- Provide a description of the recommended repairs.
- Provide a description of the resolution of the issue.
To build this type of step follow the below:
1. Go to Workflows, under the Administration tab, add a new or edit an existing workflow.
2. Select Add Step in the bottom right-hand corner.
3. Select Create from scratch.
4. Select Short Text under Step Type.
5. Fill in the Step Question with the question you want to be answered.
6. Finish filling out the step with any additional information and establishing requirements. Learn about these here: Getting Started: Building a workflow step from scratch.
9. Select Add Step.
8. When you are done editing your workflow press Save in the bottom right-hand corner. Your workflow changes will be saved and live the next time a user selects it for a job.
Your Short Text step is ready to be used for your workflow.