How to build conditional workflows
Conditional Workflows allow technicians to add additional workflows to a job based on their response to a Multiple Choice or Yes/No step. This will help to ensure the necessary information is being collected on a job.
For example, during a Service Call Workflow, if a technician responds 'Yes' to the question 'Are there any safety concerns?' they could be prompted to add a Safety workflow.
- Multiple Workflows per Job must be enabled
- Mobile App 1.59.0 or higher
To set up a conditional workflow follow the below steps:
- Go to Workflows, under the Administration tab, add a new workflow or edit an existing workflow.
- Edit or Add a Multiple Choice or Yes/No step.**
- On the response(s) you want to trigger an additional workflow, click “Edit” under Actions.
- Under the “Add Workflow” dropdown select the desired workflow.
5. Once added, you can see which response has a conditional workflow in the multiple-choice or yes/no step configuration.
In the XOi Mobile App*, when a user selects a response containing a conditional workflow, they are presented with this pop-up:
They can choose to Add Workflow or Cancel. If they select Cancel, their choice is not saved to the workflow step.
This feature will always add a workflow if a user selects a response configured to add a workflow. If a user changes their selection after adding a workflow, the workflow is not automatically removed. For example:
- A user answers ‘Yes’ to ‘Is there a safety issue?’
- They agree to Add Workflow; Adding the Safety Issue Workflow.
- The user goes back to the step and changes the answer to ‘No’.
- The Safety Issue Workflow will not be automatically removed. The user will need to manually remove it.
After adding a workflow, a message shows at the bottom of the screen letting the user know what has happened. If they want to start using the workflow immediately, they can tap BEGIN. If not, they can access the workflow after they have completed the one they are working on.
Note: Before being able to complete the job, all required steps must be filled out in the additional workflow as well.
How do Conditional Workflows work with parent and affiliate organizations?
- With Shared Workflows shared from Parent Organizations to Affiliates, both the main workflow and the conditional workflow must be shared.
- Users must have access to both workflows for the conditional one to be added to a job.
*Conditional workflows can only be added to a job via mobile, not desktop.
**To learn how to build a Yes/No step read this article: How to build a Yes/No Workflow Step
**To learn how to build a Multiple Choice step read this article: How to create a Multiple Choice Workflow step
To begin using Conditional Workflows contact your Customer Success Manager. Please note that once enabled, this feature can not be turned off.
Please sign in to leave a comment.